Microfiber & Chemical Questions
How to Care for Your Microfiber Towels
Always wash new microfiber towels prior to first use to remove any loose factory production fibers.
Always wash towels with like colors to avoid any risk of bleeding color transfer.
YouTube: How To Wash Your Microfiber Towels
Microfiber Care Instructions:
All microfiber towels from The Rag Company are machine washable. Do not exceed 140⁰F at the risk of damaging the fibers leaving them much less effective
• Machine wash in cold or warm water using Rags to Riches Microfiber detergent
• Tumble Dry Low Heat / No Heat or Hang to Dry
• Do NOT Iron
• Do NOT Use Any Fabric Softener as this Clogs the Microfibers and Reduces Performance
• Do NOT Use Chlorine Bleach as this Prematurely Breaks Down the Fibers and Reduces/Eliminates the Valuable Dust & Dirt Collecting Electrical Charge of Microfiber
• ONLY Wash with other Non-Linting Materials (NO Cotton!) to Maintain Proper Water and Dirt-Gripping Properties and Lint-Free Characteristics
What is your BEST towel for drying a car?
What may be the “best” drying towel for your personal preference is determined by a couple criteria.
Customers who prefer a “plush” drying towel typically go for our Platinum Pluffle. We also offer two twist-loop style drying towels, the Double Twistress and the Twist and Shout which are known for their extreme absorbency.
There are also a variety of Waffle Weave drying towels to choose from. Waffle weave towels are considered a more classic, super absorbent drying towel. Due to their short pile, they are less likely to streak. Linked below is a quick video about our drying towels if you would like to learn more.
How can I “color code” my towels to avoid cross contamination and misuse of towels?
Color coding towels can be very helpful in ensuring that towels used for specific jobs aren’t used for others that may reduce their effectiveness or contaminate them.
Buying your towel arsenal in different colors, and keeping them in separate, marked bins will prevent any towel mix ups, and even make washing easier.
Eventually, towel knowledge will become second nature to those using them.
I have a black car with really soft paint, what towel do you recommend to use that won’t scratch it?
All of our 70/30 towels are deemed “paint safe” and won’t scratch or mar paint.
To ensure the safest experience, a long pile towel would be ideal for soft paint. They put the most distance between the dirt trapped within the fibers and your paint.
The Eagle Edgeless line is a great choice, you have a variation of GSM to choose from: 350, 500, and 600.We also carry an “Ultra Plush” line of towels called “Everest”. These are available in: 550 and 1100 GSM. They are also a 70/30 blend and a long pile.
Below we have provided links to both product lines.
Can you tell me a good detailing, chemical package to get started?
Koch-Chemie Green Star is one of our best sellers. It can be diluted (3:1) to clean different surfaces including interior panels, leather, dashboard, and even painted surfaces. You can also use it full strength to clean and de-grease the engine compartment, cleans tires, wheels, and wheel wells. This sophisticated formula dissolves bugs and powers through brake dust and oil to clean your vehicle’s dirtiest parts. That product alone will take care of a large amount of your detailing needs.
You may also want to check out Pearl Shampoo. It is environmentally friendly, pH balanced, and safe to use for all washing applications. Pearl may be used by hand or be proportioned through a dilution device for hand or machine use. If you prefer a rinse-less wash method, Absolute is an amazing product. It is completely paint safe, and our customers can’t get enough of it.
For a final wipe down, paint protection, and shine enhancer, check out P&S Bead Maker. This time saving product uses binding polymer monomer technology to produce a water beading, brilliant, long lasting finish.
Can I schedule a specific delivery or drop-off time?
No, the Carrier of your package has ultimate control of the delivery of your items. Because we are not the Carrier of the package this is out of our control. All delivery times are subject to change.
Can I ship to a different address other than my billing address?
As you checkout, you will be asked for your billing address and your shipping address (if it is different).
We must have your billing address to charge your credit card for verification purposes. If you supply a separate shipping address, your order will ship to that address.
Do you ship to Hawaii, Alaska, and Military Addresses?
We use USPS to ship to Hawaii and Alaska. Orders shipping to Hawaii and Alaska do not qualify for free shipping and we are not able to ship any of the liquid chemicals outside the contiguous US states.
Military addresses with an APO/FPO will be billed and shipped as international orders based on location. Orders with international APO/FPO addresses are not eligible to ship liquid chemicals, iK Sprayers, wholesale cases, or to recieve free shipping.
Please reference our article regarding shipping rates for additional details.
What are the shipping rates for the contiguous United States?
How do you ship orders?
• Most orders within the contiguous U.S. ship via USPS. (UPS may be used in instances where USPS is not cost-effective at the discretion of The Rag Company)
• Orders to Alaska and Hawaii are shipped via USPS.
• Orders to Puerto Rico ship via U.S. Postal Service.
• Orders to Military APO/FPO addresses ship via USPS.
• International orders ship via USPS International.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Delivery times vary by location and shipping method chosen.
All orders processed with Standard Shipping will be shipped as quickly as possible with most orders shipping within 1-3 days. During peak seasons and sales you may see extended shipping times.
Please use the expedited shipping options for orders that need a guaranteed delivery date. All orders processed with Expedited Shipping will ship within 24-48 hours. We do not ship on Sunday so please consider this when placing your order.
To get the most accurate delivery times for your area and chosen shipping method please see the shipping options available at checkout.
Do you ship to my country or do you know where I can find a distributor?
We ship towels and other non-chemical products worldwide.
Shipping availability and quotes are generated on our website. All you need to do is add itmes to your cart, type in your delivery address, and the website will let you know shipping availability and cost.
You can also view the list of distributors to see if that would benefit you better. We have attached the link below for your reference. (You will see various regions listed on the left navigation pane.)
Is a tracking number provided with my order?
Yes. An email is automatically generated when your package leaves our warehouse and is sent to the email address you provide when you place your order. If you do not provide an email address, or provide an incorrect one, you will not receive tracking information.
My order was over $145 (FREE SHIPPING Minimum) but I was still charged a flat shipping charge. Why did that happen?
The Rag Company's FREE SHIPPING offer is based upon the Pre-Tax Order Total after all discounts have been applied. Your order probably had a pre-discount sub-total above $145, but the coupon discount you used produced a net result below $145 which didn't qualify your order for Free Shipping.
What are the shipping rates for the contiguous United States?
We charge a $9.99 Flat Rate Fee for orders totaling less than $145 (Pre-Shipping).
Any order over $145 (pre-tax and after any coupon discounts have been applied) being shipped within the lower 48 states has the option of receiving Free Shipping.
USPS 2-3 Day Priority is the primary method of shipping, although USPS Parcel Select or UPS may be used at The Rag Company's discretion.
What are the shipping rates for Canada, Mexico & other International destinations?
Shipping on international orders will vary.
International customers can calculate their shipping by using the associated functionality of the online shopping cart.
We ask that international customers place an order on the website and choose International Shipping for the shipping option. The shipping rates match current USPS International pricing and are determined by a combination of product weight, product dimensions and the shipping destination.
• The Rag Company is not responsible for any additional duties, taxes, brokerage fees, or tariffs.
• The Rag Company cannot control delivery times to international destinations.
• The Rag Company cannot be held responsible for damaged packages once they leave the freight forwarder.
• The Rag Company will NOT ship chemicals or iK Sprayers internationally.
Will I need to sign for my package?
The driver will usually leave the package at your address.
The Rag Company assumes no liability for missing or lost packages once shipped from our location to the shipping address given at the time the order was placed. In addition, The Rag Company cannot be held responsible for issues that are the result of incorrect and/or incomplete shipping address information provided by the purchaser.
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING THE ORDER.
Customer Account Help
Forgot Username or Password
If you Forget, we all do, you can click HERE and click on reset your password below the log in. You must have your email address you signed up with you to reset your password.
Once completed you will receive a notification on how to change your password in your email that you signed up with.
Please keep in mind you do not have to create an account to place an order with us!
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept the following payment methods:
• Master Card
• American Express
• Amazon Pay
• Apple Pay
• Shop Pay
• Google Pay
Levi Gates' Standard Operating Procedures For Detailing
Detailing Interior Standard Operating Procedure
1. Pull car into workspace, open or lower all windows, this is to prevent you from locking yourself out. Also, if the vehicle has tinted windows this allows for more light to enter cabin.
2. Open all doors, trunk and hood (we call this the butterfly)
3. Using compressed air, blow all major debris from vehicle, assuming it is free of large trash and stuff. Blow everything out the open doors, blowing under the seats and in between them. Also blow out air vents and back shelf (sedan) blow out all door pockets and cubbies.
4. Lightly vacuum all leftover debris quickly, you will be getting in and out as we go so no need for perfection.
5. Starting at one corner (Exa. DR side) start your carpet and upholstery cleaning. Spray your pretreating agent on carpet and seats and make your way around the vehicle just spraying.
6. Once you are back to your starting point agitate the pre-treater on the surfaces. Go around the vehicle again.
7. If using an extractor start your extraction process for all fabrics.
8. If not using extractor, spray your carpet cleaner on the surface and agitate with a brush. Using a microfiber towel wipe and scrub all areas sprayed.
9. If using a steamer, you may start scrubbing all fabrics.
10. Once fabric is completed. Using your interior cleaner of choice and assortment of brushes and towel start on one corner again and work your way around working in quarters on all plastics leather and vinyl surfaces, door panels, dash, center console and sill plate and kick panels.
11. Spray product on and scrub with appropriate scrubber, then using air and towel dry and remove excess cleaner from surface.
12. Using a towel dunked in ONR 256:1 wrung out, wipe down the visors and headliner fabric, this will help clean and remove grime without staining or damaging fabric.
13. Spray and wipe on interior dressing of choice or leather conditioner on seats.
14. Roll windows up but then lower about ¼ of an inch for ventilation, clean interior glass.
15. Final Vacuum, taking care to move seats forward and back and getting into all crevices, may need compressed air to help.
16. If finished with vehicle I recommend turning on the HVAC to the floor to help dry the carpets or parking car in the sun (in Butterfly mode)
17. If dressing the engine, you may do this during step 3, spray on a water-based dressing on all plastics and rubber under hood and let dwell.
18. Using a Shop-Vac or Extractor, suck all remaining water out of floor mats and let hang or lie them in the sun. Do not replace in vehicle unless main carpet is dry.
Exterior Detailing Standard Operating Procedure
• 1-Step = 1 pad/1 polish type 25-45% improvement of current finish.
• 2-Step = 2 different pads one for compounding and one for polishing/1-2 different products used. Either a pad dependent product or a dedicated compound and a dedicated polish. 45-75% improvement of current finish.
• 3-Step = 3 different pads from heavy cut to med cut to polish/1-2 different products used. Either a pad dependent product or a dedicated compound and a dedicated polish. 75-90% improvement of current finish.
• Wet sanding is more commonly followed by a 2 step or 3 step.
1. Assuming, that the interior is “finished” we start on the exterior.
2. Assess the surface of the vehicle, it may need clayed prior to polishing, it may have Tar that needs removed or Road paint.
3. To Clay: Spray car down with ONR mixed 128:1 or any clay lube, using your choice of clay or a clay towel, proceed to clay the cars paint and glass surfaces, I like to do the windows first!
4. Dry car
5. To remove Tar or Road Paint: Using a specialized Tar, or adhesive and rubber remover, wipe or spray onto affected area and let dwell. Rinse or wipe away. Same for heavy Tree Sap.
6. Clean paint surface with either a dedicated paint prep, or Prep-Sol, also Lacquer Thinner works great in a pinch.
7. Polish the car based on what services sold. 1 step, 2 step, 3 step, Wet sanding and 3 step.
8. Remove polish and wipe surface with Paint prep to remove all oils and any agents.
9. Dress tires and inner fender wells, and any exterior plastics.
10. Apply choice of protection, Wax, Sealant, or Ceramic Coating.
11. Remove or level product.
12. Clean all exterior glass.
13. Wipe down all door jambs, hood and trunk.
14. Final wipe wheels and tires.
15. Use a QD to final wipe surface and pull car out of the bay!
Prepping / Wash Bay Standard Operating Procedure
1. Pull car into wash bay and open all doors, hood, trunk and gas door.
2. Remove all floor mats, carpet and rubber.
3. Asses the engine bay and cover any and all sensitive electronics, also vacuum any leaves or debris on your cowl and truck jamb.
4. Using an APC/degreaser, starting from one corner and working your way around. Spray each tire and inner fender well and jamb making your way to the engine. And then around to your starting point. Example ( LR tire, T Jamb, Gas door, RR Tire, RR door, RF Door, engine front grill area, windshield, LF tire, LF door, LR Door)
5. Using a soft bristle brush, agitate all areas like tires, underhood and engine.
6. Spray the appropriate wheel cleaner on the wheels and do a quick agitation. Not looking for perfection.
7. Turn on your pressure washer and work your way around the vehicle, Using the same path as stated above. Spray the spots that were degreased and the engine and body.
8. With the car wet you may now address the wheels and get more detailed in your cleaning of them.
9. If you have a helper have them start soaping and washing the car while you address the wheels,
10. Soap and scrub
11. You may clay at this point if you wish
13. Rather than clay you may use a chemical decontamination process, scrub the surface
16. Use compressed air or blower to help with drying.
NOTE: The floor mats maybe sprayed during step #4 and then rinsed during step #7 and hang to remove heavy water.
Returns & Exchanges
Can I exchange an item?
Yes, so long as it is unused and for an item of equal or lesser value.
Please email us at Support@theragcompany.com and let us know that you will be returning an unused item and what item you would like instead.
Upon our receipt of the returned item, we will ship out the new item or issue a refund. You will be credited the price difference, less shipping, to the original form of payment.
What is your return policy?
• Items must be returned within 30 days in like new condition (unused and unwashed) with original packaging. To return an item, email us at email@example.com to receive a Return Authorization Number and instructions. Write this number on the outside of the package. Products returned without authorization will not be accepted. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser except as noted below.
• All "Free Shipping Offers" will be charged a normal shipping charge before a refund is issued. If the return of a product or products causes the original order to fall below the free shipping threshold the remaining items and returned items will be billed the $6.00 flat-rate
• The cost of the returned items, minus all associated shipping charges, will be promptly credited via the payment method used. It may take 5-7 days for your bank to process the credit.
• If you have received a defective item, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is responsible for return shipping costs?
The Rag Company covers return shipping costs if the return is due to a manufacturing defect or as a result of our error, otherwise return shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
We will provide you with a pre-paid USPS or UPS label to return the product(s) to us in this situation. Items returned for reasons other than defect or error on the part of The Rag Company will not be provided with a pre-paid return label. These returns include reasons such as "changed my mind", "did not like the product", and "ordered the incorrect/wrong product".
If a returned product we receive is determined to not be defective or not the result of an error by The Rag Company, all associated return shipping costs we have paid for will then be charged back to the customer
How do I contact The Rag Company?
Email, Phone Number, & Business Hours
Call: (208) 888-6821
Hours of Business:Monday-Friday8:00am to 5:00pm MSTSaturday11:00am to 3:00pm MST(Leave a voicemail or send an email during non-business days or hours)