C1 Crystal Lacquer has been independently proven in the world's most respected weathering facility. You can see in the YouTube video below, it offers the best gloss retention of any other product tested. Over a simulated run of 3 years in Arizona sunlight, a C1 coated panel lost half the amount of gloss than its next best competitor, and a third less gloss than the average score for all other products tested.
As well as gloss retention C1 Crystal Lacquer is extremely durable, as it actually becomes the functional surface of a car’s paintwork. Also scratch resistant, C1 forms a crystalline film which is extremely hard, this characteristic makes it effective at preventing minor scratching from poor wash technique on relatively soft automotive paint.
C1 coated panels have been tested against uncoated panels, as well as high-end carnauba waxes and polymer sealants.
On average, panels coated with Gtechniq C1, exhibited 50 percent less swirl marks than those coated with waxes or left uncoated.
EXOv4 is Gtechniq’s ultimate hydrophobic coating – it simply out-beads any other products on the market, providing a lotus leaf effect which repels dirt and water ensuring your vehicles surface stays cleaner and glossier for much longer.
Based on the next generation of organic materials EXO embodies Gtechniq’s goal to offer products that work harder, and smarter, meaning more time enjoying your car and less time maintaining it.
Simple to apply EXO offers the ultimate dirt and water repellency (it has a contact angle of 110 degrees), is resistant to regular wash chemicals with applications typically lasting as long as 24 months.
- 1 x 50ml or 30ml EXO
- 1 x 50ml or 30ml C1
- 2 x pair of nitrile gloves
- 1 x AP2 Ultra Soft Foam Filled Applicator
- AP1 Lint Free Applicator Pads
Storage and Use:
- Ensure that you have sufficient product to coat your vehicle. For cars up to and including a medium-size car such as a BMW 3-Series touring, 30ml is sufficient. But for full-sized cars including 4x4s and SUVs, you will need the larger 50ml bottle
- Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 40 degrees Fahrenheit, is completely dry, and will stay dry for at least 3 hours after application
- In addition to this kit you will need at least two quality microfiber towels such as The Rag Company's Edgeless 300, Edgeless 365, or Pearl towels
- When applying the product always wear gloves to prevent C1 coming into contact with your skin
- Dab product onto the lint free applicators
- Replace the lid on the bottle and set aside - do not keep the bottle in your hand as this promotes premature curing
- Change the application pad after 3 to 4 applications of areas no bigger than half a car bonnet. If you do not do this, you will feel the coating becoming sticky when applying, this makes it extremely difficult to buff
- The coating forms an almost immediate reaction with the paint/fiberglass molecules it comes into contact with. Reaction time of C1 is temperature and humidity dependent – for normal room temperature at around 50 percent humidity, we recommend buffing between 30 and 60 seconds afterwards
- You may need to buff the same area several times to remove residue. We recommend using two microfiber cloths at any one time. Please note that you are only removing excess product
- Avoid buffing with too much force as this can spoil the surface you are protecting, and you may also drag the partially cured coating off the surface
- Take care that the microfiber cloths you are using are rotated sufficiently and quickly so that C1 does not partially cure in the cloth, as this will make buffing residue significantly more difficult
- If you miss removing residue and it cures fully, you should re-polish this area, and reapply C1
- As soon as you finish, put the microfibers in water and wash and dry them as soon as possible, otherwise C1 will crystallize in the cloth
- Use C1 Crystal Lacquer within 1 year of purchasing, for best results, once opened use within 3 months
- EXO should be applied more than 3 hours but less than 12 hours after you finish the C1 application
- Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 40 degrees Fahrenheit, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 3 hours after application
- Remove all blemishes from your vehicle's paintwork
- Wipe down all surfaces using Gtechniq Panel Wipe and a clean, soft microfiber cloth – if you are applying over freshly coated C1 then this step is not required
- Put on the nitrile gloves provided
- Tip several drops of EXO onto the AP2 applicator
- Spread the coating over an entire panel ensuring full coverage
- As soon as you have spread the coating over a single panel, fold your first towel twice to form a square, then spread and remove most of the residue using a light touch
- With your second folded cloth remove all remaining residues. We advise to move your head so that you get direct and oblique views of your finish to spot all residue. It is also advisable to use bright, but flat lighting, to make residue spotting easier
- Once you have finished coating your vehicle, repeat so that your vehicle is coated twice
- Allow the coating to cure for at least 3 hours
- For maintaining your finish we recommend hand washing your vehicle using a quality wash mitt such as The Rag Company's Premium Cyclone Wash Mitt, Gtechniq GWash and a quality microfiber drying towel such as The Rag Company's Double Twistress, LIQUID8R, Twist N Shout or Dry Me A River Waffle-Weave Towel
- You will find that your vehicle is significantly easier to clean, but be aware while EXO has significantly better resistance to caustic wash chemicals, these chemicals will shorten the lifespan of any coating and are not recommended as part of your care routine
- EXO can be over-coated with other products, but if this is done you will get the surface performance of the product you overcoat it with and not EXO
- An unopened bottle of EXO has a 12 month shelf life from the time of purchase. As soon as a bottle is open it needs to be used within 3 months
Download SDS: EXOv4
Download SDS: C1 Crystal Lacquer