Price Per Piece
EXOv5 delivers a hard film that makes water-spots easy to remove, offers great resistance to all wash chemicals and can help withstand micro-marring. It produces a high-gloss, warm-looking, extreme hydrophobic finish.
EXO delivers a consistent film that is more durable and resistant to road salt and wash chemicals than its predecessors. Application is easy, with a slow flash-off time, giving more time to achieve a perfect finish.
All of the above combined with the introduction of a good degree of swirl resistance means EXOv5 represents a major leap forward in Last Surface Protection (LSP) technology.
- 1 x 30ml or 50ml EXOv5
- 1 x pair of nitrile gloves
- 1 x AP2 Ultra Soft Foam Filled Applicator
- 1 x Master Instruction Leaflet
- 1 x WS1 Gtechniq Window Sticker
Ensure that you have sufficient product to coat your vehicle:
- 30ml - For cars up to and including a medium estate car (eg a BMW 3 series touring) 30ml is sufficient
- 50ml - For full sized cars including 4x4’s and SUV’s you will need the larger 50ml bottle
- 18-24 months durability
- A less porous coating makes it much more resistant to clogging
- Increased hydrophobic performance and dirt repellency.
- Increased water contact angle of 115%. Improved water draining angle of 13 degrees.
EXOv5 can be applied as a standalone sealant or as a top layer for Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer or Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) - we recommend applying C1 or CSL as a base coat for easy to mark and dark paints
Good to know:
- When applying over a ceramic coating (C1 Crystal Lacquer): EXOv5 should be applied more than 2 hours but less than 12 hours after you finish the C1 application.
- When applying over CSL, EXOv5 can either be applied immediately after you have finished or up to 24 hours after completing application of CSL.
- If you are applying immediately after CSL application, make sure you are starting the process at the same place you did with CSL and following the same order of panels.
- In addition to this kit you will need at least two but ideally four quality Edgeless 300, Edgeless 365 or Pearl towels from The Rag Company.
- Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5 degrees Celsius, is completely dry, and will stay dry for at least 12 hours after application.
- If needed, polish your paintwork either by machine or by hand to remove any imperfections.
Wipe down all surfaces using Gtechniq Panel Wipe and a quality Edgeless 300, Edgeless 365 or Pearl towel from The Rag Company (apply the Panel Wipe to the cloth and buff - not directly to the panel) – if you are applying over newly applied C1 or CSL, this step is not required
- Put on the nitrile gloves provided.
- Drop between 5 and 10 drops of EXOv5 onto the applicator provided. Work the liquid into the pad to get an even saturation.
- Apply in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2’ x 2’ (60x60cm), or work to the bodylines of the vehicle.
- If the surface of the vehicle is between 40 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit, wait for two minutes If the surface is between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit wait for one minute and for temperatures above this, remove immediately.
- Fold your first microfiber towel twice to form a square, spread and remove most of the residue using a light touch.
- With your second folded microfiber cloth remove all remaining residues. We advise to move your head so that you get direct and oblique views of your finish to spot all residue. It is also advisable to use bright, but flat lighting, to make residue spotting easier.
- REPEAT! Once you have finished coating your vehicle, we recommend repeating the process starting from the same place as you did for the first layer and coating panels in the same order so that you coat your entire vehicle with two layers of EXOv5. No need to wait between applying the first and second coating but, if you need to wait, it will not make it harder to apply the second coating if you do leave a much longer interval between applying the first and second layer.
You will find that your vehicle is significantly easier to clean and whilst EXOv5 has significantly better resistance to caustic wash chemicals these chemicals will shorten the lifespan of any coating and are not recommended as part of your care routine.
EXOv5 can be overcoated with other products, but if this is done you will get the surface performance of the product you overcoat it with and not EXOv5.
An unopened bottle of EXOv5 has a 12-month shelf life from the time of purchase.
Download SDS: EXOv5 Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating